After maintaining our support to victims of intimate partner’s violence during the lockout, we are pleased to inform you that face to face individual counselling is now available again at our Montchoisy centre.

It is required to make an appointment calling 022 797 10 10.

We welcome you in compliance with all necessary protective measures.

Back to website

Police Protection

If you are a victim of violence, call the police on 117, to ask for immediate help. The emergency line operated 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

In Geneva, a law on violence in the home was passed in 2005, which permits the removal of the abuser from the home for the protection of the victim.

  • When the police arrive, they can decide, in certain situations, to immediately remove the abuser from their home and ban them from certain places, such as school, workplace etc, for a period of up to one month.
  • A fast review of these measures will be undertaken by a Justice of the Peace if these measures exceed more than 48 hours.
  • These removal orders have no effect on family and marital obligations.
  • Victims are able to obtain social and legal support if they need it.

If the immediate intervention of the Police is not necessary, you can file a lawsuit, by going to a police station, or by writing to the Head of Police or the Attorney General.

If you wish, bring with you a person you trust when you go to the Police (see Make a Complaint)

Make contact with organizations who can help you (see the list of useful addresses). They will know how to inform and help you.

See our list of useful addresses.